We are thrilled to announce that the 2017 call for student scholarships through IIDA New England Providence City Center, has now opened!
This award has been established to provide recognition and to reward outstanding Interior Design Students. The goal is to encourage creative thinking, exciting ideas, and techniques in the design and furnishings of interior spaces. The IIDA Providence City Center is proud to offer this award to a student working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, based on the entry requirements. This year’s winner will receive a $2,400 scholarship!
The student receiving the $2,400 scholarship will be presented the scholarship at the IIDA NE Providence City Center Croquet Tournament on August 10, 2017, where they will also receive a free playing spot at the event. Winning project will be featured on the IIDA NE website in September.
All entrants must be a student member of IIDA, (requirement will be waived for the 2017 introductory year). Entrant must be either be:
- A Rhode Island resident, currently enrolled in an Interior Design or Interior Architecture program, working toward a Bachelor’s Degree or,
- A Student enrolled in a Rhode Island school pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
All entrants must submit a school-assigned project, not work or internship related.
Submissions will be judged for appropriateness of the design solution, as well as the creativity in problem solving and material selection. The jury consists of practicing Interior Designers in Rhode Island. The jury reserves the right not to select a winner from the entries if none meet the minimum criteria. The decision of the jury is final. Judges are looking for:
- Entries that fulfill all requirements
- Shows passion for the profession
- Shows technical skills
- Most importantly tells the design story from concept to completion
- A project that shows relation to the existing building/architecture, exploring the design context also important
The entries must be a single interior architecture/design project emailed PDF file format and must include:
- Cover page: Project Title, Date + 50-word abstract on project
- 10 slides (max.) Slides should include:
- Labeled floor plans, elevations, reflected ceilings plans, details, sections, etc
- Material Boards
- Renderings, axonometric, or perspectives
- Completed Entry Form
The submission deadline is June 16, All materials noted above must be emailed to LeWayne Fisher, IIDA, at email@example.com.